Friday, June 4, 2010

Swimming

It finally warmed up enough to go swimming and we have been loving it. Ryan was home sick with a nasty earache most of the week so when Zachary would go down for his nap Landon and I went out to enjoy the pool. Landon did good at staying on the steps or at least close to the steps with his tube on so I was able to do some laps, which felt wonderful. I wish I could do that everyday, but as I found out today, it's not possible when I take Zachary. Ryan wasn't home today, but with it reaching 80 degrees we just couldn't resist so we all went to the pool. Zachary didn't like being in the water much so I spent most of my time chasing him around while trying to keep an eye on Landon doing laps back and forth in his tube.
Landon started swim lessons this week and he loved it. He was smiling and laughing the whole time. His teacher was really good. He even got him to float on his back without much fuss which is amazing because he never lets me lean him back. Even when we wash his hair he has to hold his head forward. I thought maybe we had reached a new phase so I tried to help him float on his back like the teacher did, but he refused. I guess I don't have the right touch. He's signed up for the next 3 months so it will be fun to see what else he learns and hopefully he'll start to use the skills he learns in our own pool.

No comments: