Life has been a little hectic for the past couple of weeks. It all started the end of February when I found out that my Grandma Bowen passed away. She has been sick for the past couple of years so I am glad she didn't have to suffer too long here in this life, but, of course, she will be missed greatly. I really felt like I should attend her funeral but Ryan couldn't take off work and plane tickets were outrageous for a last minute flight so my sister, Cindy with her 2 kids, and Landon and I decided to drive.
On March 1 we loaded the kids into the van at 4 a.m. and off we went. The drive to Utah went o.k. We hit a little snow where we had to slow down and the last hour Landon (9 months) and Allison (15 months) started to have crying wars, but other than that they did really well. We arrived late on Saturday night so we were able to attend both the viewing on Sunday and the funeral on Monday. Both went really well. I always love to hear about the lives of people I love.
Then since neither Cindy nor I had to be back right away we decided to stay in Utah for the week. We had a great time visiting with family and friends and and Saturday morning we left at 2 a.m. By 6:30 a.m. we were almost to Battle Mountain ( which is the half way point) so we were feeling pretty proud of ourselves. That is until we were 20 miles outside of Battle Mountain and we ran out of gas. We were so bummed. It isn't like either of us to run out of gas and although we were cutting it a little close I don't feel like it is entirely our fault. You see, we borrowed the van we were driving and we didn't know that it runs out of gas right before the display says it has an 1/8 of a tank. So...we sat on the side of the road for a couple hours waiting for roadside assistance to come help us and then off we went again. It turned into a 15 hour journey back home, but I'm thankful that we made it back safe and sound. It can be pretty scary sitting on the side of a freeway with humongous semi's passing.
No comments:
Post a Comment