Thursday, April 3, 2008
Cell Phones
We've all gotten on a plane, put our luggage in the overhead bins, and traveled to our destinations only to realize at the end of the flight that the cell phone never got turned off. "I guess it can't be too dangerous", you think as you walk off the plane. Well, I was curious as to the actual reason for the no cell phone rule and apparently there is some justification for not allowing cell phones to be used in the air. The biggest reason being that travelers are worried that flying will no longer be an escape from our noisy cell phone world. I couldn't agree more. Can you imagine a flight of a couple hundred people all talking on their cell phones? A part of me wishes that other places had the same rule. Everyone understands that you were not able to answer your phone when you tell them you were flying. It's too bad some people aren't so understanding when you tell them you are spending time with your family or in the middle of dinner. Maybe I'm the only one with this problem because Ryan gets so many calls every day. For the most part I've gotten used to calls interrupting our time together and most of the time I understand that the business we're in depends on a lot of talking on the phone, but every once in a while it would be nice to pretend we're flying and make a no cell phone rule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Landon looks like a little mini-man! He's so cute! I think the last time we saw you guys was at your wedding reception, I can't believe that was like 4 years ago. You guys need to find an excuse to throw a party and have everyone come over! :) That'd be fun. :) I'd come to CA for that. :)
you are so right, there are times when I turn my phone to silent and I say I'm in a meeting because the phone rings all day. There are times when people are just going to have to wait. I totally understand where you are coming from! Just turn it off and call them back- the world isn't going to end if you miss a few calls now and then. (that is what I say anyway)
I have started turning the ringer off on my phone for a few hours everyday. That way I don't feel guilty for not answering. Only problem is... grandpa always calls when the ringer is off.
Thanks so much for the advice and I know that the stress doesn't help the situation at all. Your little family is so cute.
Bon Bon! Shake your bon bon, shake your bon bon. That was fun. I think you make a fabulous point! And I agree. Although I can't help but thinking I'd be one of those nasties on my phone, if they were allowed on planes...
Post a Comment