

You can't say having a baby isn't a workout. I do a lot of lifting, bending, holding, and moving throughout the day, but still, sometimes I miss those butt-kicking workouts that make you feel like every muscle in your body is getting stronger and you just know your heart is getting healthier. I used to take spinning and kick-boxing from the college I was attending, but once I got pregnant I resorted to walking and then continued with walking even after Landon came. Don't get me wrong, I think walking can be a great workout if you push yourself, but I've kind of been in a slump. My walking has turned more into meandering. So, anyway, on Friday I attended a Free Baby Boot Camp class and discovered how out of shape I have become. This class keeps you going strong for 75 minutes. It's circuit-training so the trainer constantly has you doing something...lunges, push-ups, running laps, running stairs, squats..ect. And you do it all with your baby in a stroller. I wasn't sure if Landon would sit in a stroller for that long, but I guess we looked pretty funny because he would start laughing whenever we did lunges. I loved it so much I splurged and bought a 2 month pass that has classes twice a week. Hopefully this will get me back into strength training mode. I am still sore 3 days later which is pretty sad.
5 comments:
Way to go! It's so hard to being a mom and staying in shape. That sounds like so much fun too.
I wish we had this close to us, maybe it would give me more motivation. Although, I can't really do a whole lot of it right now.
You are so amazing, I wish I could put Ethan's little booty in a stroller and keep him happy for that long.
I'm so glad that you found something to do together, those are always the most enjoyable and rewarding.
That sounds so awesome, I don't even have a baby yet maybe I could borrow one for the class.
There are a couple of pregnant women in the class that push an empty stroller...it makes me laugh!
Post a Comment