Thursday, May 21, 2009
FINALLY!
I bought new running shoes 2 months ago and I finally found the motivation this morning to put them on, put the boys in the stroller, and go for a run. Since I was told to take it easy when I was pregnant, my exercise has consisted of walking to the park (that is right outside my door) and watching Landon play. This has to stop! Honestly, after a while I liked being able to say, "I can't exercise". But now that I don't have a good excuse, I just feel lazy and my body is really hurting. After only 3-4 minutes of jogging I started huffing and puffing and I could feel the side-ache coming. I ended up doing intervals of jogging 2 minutes and then walking for 2 minutes. After about 20 minutes of this my legs felt a little wobbly so I gave in to Landon's requests to play at the park. Now that I know how out of shape I am, I'm really going to feel guilty if I don't get out and exercise. Breastfeeding is great for losing weight (I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight). Too bad it doesn't build muscle and give your body the oxygen it needs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so proud of you! I'm sure you could have run much further had you not been pushin 2 little ones and a stroller!
You have the will of a Lion so I'm sure you will be back in shape in no time, and even if you are not, you look like it!
Good for you, It takes a while to build up to running. I went 4 miles the other day and thought I was going to die. So keep up the running and you be back to good as new in no time.
Post a Comment