Landon has hit a stage where he wants to make all the decisions and do everything by himself from the shoes I wear to pouring his own milk. We left to church yesterday with Landon screaming because I was wearing my brown church sandals instead of the black ones he wanted me to wear. Today we were going to go to the park and he insisted on going down the elevator all by himself. Since I wouldn't let him he threw a tantrum and we ended up back in the house. If he needs a drink he has to get his own cup and then get his own water, which is fine, but if I mess up and forget that he wants to be the one to do it then he starts crying. We have definitely hit the terrible twos. I know some people who read books on how to raise an independent child. Where are the books on raising dependent children? LOL
Monday, July 27, 2009
Where did my little boy go?
Landon has hit a stage where he wants to make all the decisions and do everything by himself from the shoes I wear to pouring his own milk. We left to church yesterday with Landon screaming because I was wearing my brown church sandals instead of the black ones he wanted me to wear. Today we were going to go to the park and he insisted on going down the elevator all by himself. Since I wouldn't let him he threw a tantrum and we ended up back in the house. If he needs a drink he has to get his own cup and then get his own water, which is fine, but if I mess up and forget that he wants to be the one to do it then he starts crying. We have definitely hit the terrible twos. I know some people who read books on how to raise an independent child. Where are the books on raising dependent children? LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Bons, everybody goes through this... he's just testing you. Just tell him the rules which are that Mommy makes the rules so he needs to ask! if Mommy says no it is because it is not safe.
He'll understand that for now!
hopefully.... but sometimes there is nothing you can do but wait for it to pass.....
hang in there!
I so hear what you are saying. Everett has been in this stage for a while and whoa! it is tough. We have to give him choices for everything. If we don't like his choice we give him choices that are safe or within reason and he has to choose one or go without. I think as long as they feel they have some control they are happier! Good luck! I wish we lived close so we could see each other more.
Yes! Choices help a lot. Shauna, I remember you saying you have a friend that sometimes comes to this area to visit her family. If you can ever go with her you should and we can play. We have a van now so you wouldn't need a car.
Post a Comment