Zachary loves to take baths. At least twice a day he asks to take a bath. Sometimes he takes two, but most of the time I only give into the one because as you can see he always insists on filling the tub all the way full. He loves to pretend that he's swimming. I think he's learning a lot by watching Landon at swim lessons because he tries to copy what he's seen Landon do. For example, Landon is working on kicking on his stomach and then rolling over and floating on his back. Zachary tries to do this in the tub. He'll kick his legs for a few seconds and then roll half way over, getting some of his hair wet. He'll do this over and over again laughing and smiling the whole time. He loves it. We went to swim lessons at a different time than we normally do today and there was a younger class there, some of them Zachary's age. Zachary kept pointing to the babies and tried to take of his clothes. I think he always must have thought that swimming was for bigger kids, but since he saw kids his age and younger in swim lessons he wanted to do it too. The only problem is that the parent has to get in too if your child is under 3. Not something I really feel like doing, but maybe I'll do it during the spring session if he keeps acting interested.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Bath Time
Zachary loves to take baths. At least twice a day he asks to take a bath. Sometimes he takes two, but most of the time I only give into the one because as you can see he always insists on filling the tub all the way full. He loves to pretend that he's swimming. I think he's learning a lot by watching Landon at swim lessons because he tries to copy what he's seen Landon do. For example, Landon is working on kicking on his stomach and then rolling over and floating on his back. Zachary tries to do this in the tub. He'll kick his legs for a few seconds and then roll half way over, getting some of his hair wet. He'll do this over and over again laughing and smiling the whole time. He loves it. We went to swim lessons at a different time than we normally do today and there was a younger class there, some of them Zachary's age. Zachary kept pointing to the babies and tried to take of his clothes. I think he always must have thought that swimming was for bigger kids, but since he saw kids his age and younger in swim lessons he wanted to do it too. The only problem is that the parent has to get in too if your child is under 3. Not something I really feel like doing, but maybe I'll do it during the spring session if he keeps acting interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment