I have to say, I'm glad January is over. Ryan and the boys seemed to be sick most the month and I was getting exhausted playing nurse. Ryan had some sort of congestion, nasal, sinus infection that kept him in bed for over a week and then still lingered for awhile after. The boys both had coughs that turned into pneumonia for Landon and Zachary's runny nose caused an ear infection. Oh, and Landon got an ear infection too. So all 3 of my boys were on antibiotics. Thankfully, I stayed healthy over the whole ordeal. I do love my immune system:) This last weekend we were all feeling better and I just had to get out and enjoy nature. I needed to go somewhere away from the people and the busyness of the city, but it was raining cats and dogs so I had to do a little research. I discovered that an hour north of us it wasn't raining. This is one thing I love about the Bay area. Anyway, so I looked up a hike that our little family could do and off to Half Moon Bay we went. Most of the way it was pouring and Ryan and I both wondered if we were going to have to turn around and go back home. But, we decided to trust the weather report and keep going. About 5 minutes before we arrived at our destination it stopped raining. I was so happy. We took a 1 mile hike that started out along some cliffs overlooking the ocean , then we went down some stairs to the beach and some tide pools. We then walked along the tide pools until we were back to where we started. We saw tons of crabs and sea shells. It was so nice to get out and I'm so thankful I live somewhere it doesn't stay cold all winter long.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Half Moon Bay
I have to say, I'm glad January is over. Ryan and the boys seemed to be sick most the month and I was getting exhausted playing nurse. Ryan had some sort of congestion, nasal, sinus infection that kept him in bed for over a week and then still lingered for awhile after. The boys both had coughs that turned into pneumonia for Landon and Zachary's runny nose caused an ear infection. Oh, and Landon got an ear infection too. So all 3 of my boys were on antibiotics. Thankfully, I stayed healthy over the whole ordeal. I do love my immune system:) This last weekend we were all feeling better and I just had to get out and enjoy nature. I needed to go somewhere away from the people and the busyness of the city, but it was raining cats and dogs so I had to do a little research. I discovered that an hour north of us it wasn't raining. This is one thing I love about the Bay area. Anyway, so I looked up a hike that our little family could do and off to Half Moon Bay we went. Most of the way it was pouring and Ryan and I both wondered if we were going to have to turn around and go back home. But, we decided to trust the weather report and keep going. About 5 minutes before we arrived at our destination it stopped raining. I was so happy. We took a 1 mile hike that started out along some cliffs overlooking the ocean , then we went down some stairs to the beach and some tide pools. We then walked along the tide pools until we were back to where we started. We saw tons of crabs and sea shells. It was so nice to get out and I'm so thankful I live somewhere it doesn't stay cold all winter long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment